Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pine Valley '08


This weekend we went camping with Chad's family in Pine Valley, UT. The weather was beautiful and it was so nice being able to relax and just have family time. The first night there, we got quite a thunder and lightning storm. There was hardly any rain, which was good, but the the storm was awesome. I have never experienced anything like it. The thunder was so loud and would practically echo through the mountains, and the lighting would light up the sky. It was a little frightening and amazing all at once. Thankfully the kids slept through it, cause I am sure they would have been terrified.

During the days we would do a lot of relaxing. The boys went fishing several times, and caught lots of fish. None of us are big fish eaters, so they were catching them and throwing them back. We did cook a couple of them, and they turned out really good. (for fish) Uncle Jason brought a bean bag toss game that was a big hit with everyone. Chad and his brothers can get very competitive. It was a lot of fun!



All packed up and ready to go!



Spencer was so excited to finally get there after about 2 1/2 hours of driving.




David told me that one of his favorite parts about camping is that he can eat and drink without having to sit down at the table.



Lots of hammock time...




Bean bag toss.



Fun by the campfire.

Fishing time! Uncle Jason broke his streak of no fish in 12 years! (this first picture was Chad teaching the boys how to cast. This is the only fishing action Spencer got)




Some more random pictures.



6 comments:

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Hey Autumn looks like lots of fun! I am doing invites for a baby shower for Sherry. Can you email me your address: itybitybrity@gmail.com
Thanks!

Emily said...

Ummm, I will never camp with you. It's no fair to look so pretty when your suppose to be out roughing it. Great pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time.

We will be back in Vegas over the holidays (I know, they are months away, but when you're in sweaty Texas you really look forward to the times you get to come home.) Let's get together then. I think Cali would have a blast with your cute boys.

Nicole said...

FUN!!! You look so pretty in all those pictures. . .very unfair. I always look like an ugly, homeless, 12 year old boy! Good for you! I've been wanting to go camping for the longest time! We should try and get some friends together and go before it gets too cold!

Scarlet said...

So I finally had time to blog stalk-actually look at peoples blogs and first of all you are brave becaues I don't camp and second of all your family is sooooo cute! Scarlet

Jessica B Photography said...

Love it! Aaahhhh, camping is the life.

I don't think Nicole could look ugly or homeless or like a 12 year old boy even if she tried!

motivated said...

So does this make you want to move to UT? I love UT summer storms!! And yeah, you look waaaay better than anyone I know camping. :)