Thursday, March 5, 2009

Six!

Yesterday was David's 6th birthday. Can you believe that I am the mother of a 6 year old? Ya, me neither. Anyway, per David's request, we woke him up with a "surprise" breakfast of cinnamon rolls.






After breakfast, it was time for school. One of the perks of being the mom of the birthday boy is you get to supply treats for his class! They turned out pretty cute, huh? Oh, and in case you haven't figured it out, he is having a football themed birthday party. What can I say? The boy LOVES football!



After School, he rushed home to open his present from us (yes, we bought him an ipod, but it is only the shuffle so he isn't too spoiled.) and go to lunch. He chose Verizzanos for lunch!! (that's my boy)

Later in the evening, he had tball practice. His grandma brought cupcakes for all his teammates, and they all sang to him there. He absolutely LOVES the attention! After practice, we picked up my mom and she took us to dinner. He chose Olive Garden (yes, it was a great day for me too!) and they sang to him and gave him a whole cake. ($7 for the cake and singing! What happened to a free scoop of ice cream?)

All in all it was a great day! We all had a really fun day, not just David. I love my big 6 year old. He is really such a sweet, helpful, caring, smart boy. We are so lucky to have him as our son.

We love you, David! Have a great 6th year!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Happy belated birthday! I can't believe how old we are getting. :)

Cassondra said...

What a fun birthday! I think it's hilarious that he ordered a "surprise" breakfast! How fun!
I'm with you on the whole, having a 6 year old. I was just thinking today that now I only have 2 years left to mold and teach Brooklyn everything I want her to know and be before she's "accountable". Scary! Time goes by way too fast.