Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Family Vacation


This weekend we took our first family vacation and we all had a blast! We left early Sunday morning and went straight to a Dodger game. It was really hot and really fun! When we got there, they gave the kids free jerseys, which they changed into right away. The best part was that the Dodgers won, 7-3, against the Padres. This was David's first major league baseball game, and he loved every minute of it! It was the perfect start to our vacation.




Right after the game, we drove to Huntington beach and had a picnic. It was way too cold to actually put on bathing suits and play in the water, but the kids made do. They LOVED the beach and chasing the waves. They got soaked (despite our pleas to stay dry) and covered in sand. The picnic ended up just being Chad and I sucking down our sandwiches while the kids played. They couldn't take a break from the waves to sit down and eat. But that is okay, how often do they get to play in the ocean?!


Monday morning we SURPRISED the boys with a day at the happiest place on earth. They were SO excited!! They weren't the only ones though, Chad and I were crazy excited to be at Disneyland! It was truly an almost perfect day. We never waited in line for more than 5 minutes, the weather was fabulous and the kids had great attitudes all day. It was amazing to see Disneyland through their eyes. They were in awe about everything! David said his favorite ride was Splash Mountain and Spencer said his favorite was Pirates of the Caribbean. It was really sweet when we took the boys to the wishing well near the castle. Spencer wished that Todd would come back. I wanted to cry! Anyway, it was such a great day and we took SO MANY pictures. I tried to narrow it down (and believe me, I did!) so you wouldn't be overwhelmed. So I am posting some of my favorites. Enjoy!

Honey, THANK YOU for planning the perfect vacation for our perfect little family! We love you!

6 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

That looks like so much fun! I am glad you were able to go. I think we desperately need a vacation around here, but I'm not sure if we can afford one, ha ha!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Oh, by the way, I loved that very first picture with your name in the sand and the ocean wave just above it. It is so cute, you should definitely frame that one!

Nicole said...

I was going to say the same thing. . .you should frame that first picture. It's so pretty! I can't wait to take Ryiah! Well, I'm not going to lie, I just can't wait to go period! I haven't been since I was little! I'm glad you had a great time!

Hillary said...

I'm jealous! We were thinking about going at the end of the month but I think Jake is too small. How did Spencer do? Was he able to go on most of the rides? I'm just wondering what's the youngest age they can be and still be able to have fun and not be stuck in the stroller all day.

Jessica B Photography said...

Yay for you! I've been trying to avoid Disneylands for fear of those lines. I'd definitely be an off-season patron. The beach pictures are beautiful.

Cassondra said...

How totally fun! I'm happy for you to have had such a great family vacation! We did that in October and I couldn't believe how rejuvinating (sp?) it was!!