Saturday, May 9, 2009

Swimming and Bootlegging

My mom and I took my brother up on the offer to meet him, Nicole and Carmen at their hotel pool. (Nicole's Mothers Day gift was a weekend of relaxing at a hotel) Unfortunately, my kids are NOT fish and have yet to learn how to swim. Despite the swim lessons every summer and trips to the pool, they haven't picked it up. I am determined to have them both floaty free before summers end. Anyway, this particular pool was only 3 1/2 feet deep,(David could stand) so they were fine and the were LOVING it!





Before we headed home, my mom took the boys and I to dinner at The Bootlegger. The walls of the restaurant used to be completely covered with old Vegas black and white photos. Photos of the original people who made Vegas entertainment what it is. Several of these pictures used to be of my grandpop's group, The Characters. Sadly, a lot of the pictures have been removed and this is the only one left of my great uncle Carmen, (far left) and my grandpop, Freddie, (far right). Isn't it a great picture?!?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

The Bootlegger is SOOOO good! That's awesome you have peeps on the wall there! How cool!

Jessica B Photography said...

Never heard of the bootlegger, but it looks fun! And a history lesson is always good.