Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Brotherly Love



Chad and I have decided that our t.v. is on way too much. A lot of times it's not even being watched. It is just on as background noise, which is completely unnecessary since I get more background noise than I need from the two boys. So we decided that they have an allotted amount of time for t.v. and video games. The rest of the time, they are left to their toys and their imaginations. I try to push them outback to play, but on days like today where it was "too cold", all the action takes place indoors. But that is okay, cause it is never a dull moment when David and Spencer are playing. A few of their favorites are, hide and seek, (which they are both horrible at cause they are never completely hidden. Sometimes they will hide under the bed, but their legs will be sticking out and they will be giggling loudly.) football, (which makes me crazy cause they think it is great to tackle each other in my living room, and without fail, someone always ends up crying) and blocks (which is always fantastic cause it makes a huge mess and David always ends up yelling at Spencer because Spencer thinks it's hilarious to knock down whatever David is building). They love to build forts together and race their little cars together. I honestly love watching them play together though. They do fight, but more often than not, they are playing good together. They are best friends and they are always looking out for each other. If one of them gets hurt, the other one is always right there, asking them if they are okay and giving hugs. If Spencer gets in trouble, he always runs to David and cries on his shoulder while David tells him that it's okay. They wont go to bed without kissing each other good night, which melts my heart every time. I am so glad that I have two great boys that care so much about each other.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hide and seek is one of our favorite games. Cooper is terrible at it too. All I have to say is, "Cooper...mommy really needs you to say something." Then he starts cracking up. I love how they cover their eyes because they figure if they cant see you then you cant see them. I really want to hang out with you guys next time we are in town. I think our boys would have a blast together. Plus catching up with you and your hubby would be so much fun.

Jessica and Chris said...

Personally I love not having a TV. I think we are better off for not having a TV. Chris thinks our kids will end up as wierdos. After playing at a friend's house, Jared comes home and says "Mom! Adam has a TV in his room!" and after hanging out at the Crofts, "Mom, if we get a TV, could we get Guitar Hero?"