Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Weekend Away




This weekend I took a small break from my duties as mommy and went to visit my sister Laurelyn and her family in McKinney Texas. (a small suburb outside of Dallas) It was very relaxing and a lot of fun. I always have a great time when I am with my sister. It was a very short trip, but exactly what I needed to recharge.



On my first day there we had lunch in Dallas and they took me to the spot where JFK was assassinated. This is quite a little tourist attraction. The city has built a monument on the "grassy null" and there are people handing out pamphlets and videos about the conspiracy. They have even placed an X in the street at the exact spot where Kennedy was shot. I took this picture from the vantage point where they say the real shooter stood behind the grassy null. The people holding poster boards on the grass were people picketing and handing out information against the church of Scientology. Most of them were wearing pretty creepy masks. I guess they figured this was a spot for conspiracy theorists, so they chose it to turn people against Scientology. The information they handed out was actually pretty interesting, but that is a whole different story. =)





Here is also a picture of the window that, history says, Lee Harvey Oswald shot from. I watched the movie JFK a long time ago. So really I don't presume to have an opinion of what really happened. I will leave all that stuff to the conspiracy theory people. =)







The rest of my trip was just a lot of hanging out with my sister, Bert and the kids. Bert made us good food, the kids entertained me with dancing, and La and I indulged ourselves with shopping and eyebrow waxings. My last night there, Laurelyn and Bert took me out for sushi and a movie, 'Smart People'. It was really nice to just be there and have nothing to worry about.


Here are just a few pictures from my weekend.



Elijah actually warmed up to me pretty quickly. It just took a little bit of bribing with a toy and some french fries.





Bert, Anthony, and Elijah relaxing. Bert was reading up on what was going on in Dallas while I was there. He is quite the host. He makes sure that you are never bored.




Laurelyn's pregnant belly. She was fighting morning sickness the whole weekend. She is about 16 weeks pregnant, so the sickness will be gone soon...hopefully.


Anthony and Elijah reenacting scenes from Star Wars. Very entertaining.



Me and Raelyn right before I left for the airport. She is so sweet, she didn't want me to leave.



It was a really nice weekend and I loved the time I got with Laurelyn and her family. But I truly missed Chad and the boys. Being away from them is a lot harder than I thought it would be. They really are my whole life and I love them so much! They had fun with their "boys weekend" but it was obvious when I got back how much I was missed. David talked the whole way home from the airport and they all kept telling me how happy they were that I was home. They even surprised me with a spotless house! They are amazing and I am so happy to be home!

5 comments:

motivated said...

That's the cutest little Darth-Vader I've ever seen! I didn't know JFK was assasinated in TX. I guess next time we're there (like there's going to be a next time, lol) we'll have to check it out!

Autumn, you look stunning in all your pictures. :) And your sis looks so cute w/her pregnant belly!

Jessica B Photography said...

Wow, your sister has a grown up family! I think the last time I really saw her was at Raelyn's baby shower!

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

I am in Boston right now, a break away from the family. It is hard being away. Funny that we both took a vacation around the same time. Let's get the boys together sometime next week. Chuck'E'Cheese sounds great. :)
Glad you had a great time in Texas.

Mel said...

I want to go on vacation!!! I havent seen your sis in forever. It looks like fun. How is the rest of your fam doing anyway???

Hillary said...

How fun! Wow, a weekend away, what is that like??? :) Your hair looks so pretty. I assume that is the work of Andrea?