Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mommy, David and Spencer night

Once a week the boys get to have a mommy and me night. On this night they get to stay up late with me, play games, watch movies, have special desserts and sleep in my bed. (Chad works late) And once a month on our night they get to have breakfast for dinner. These nights are their favorites cause they love to help me make pancakes or waffles. I love this special bonding time with them. It is so much fun planning what we are going to do together. They are very creative little boys! I am not sure how long we will carry this on for, but I hope they will want to have a special night with me, and with daddy too,(once he has a normal work schedule) for a long time to come. Up until recently it was just mommy and David nights. But since Spencer and David started sharing a room, it didn't seem fair to leave him out. He feels like such a big boy getting to stay up late with us. And we love having him share our weekly fun night with us! The bed does get a little crowded with both of them sleeping with me. Last week Spencer even decided to sleep right on top of David. (see picture below) It doesn't stay crowded for long though, Chad moves them back into their own beds when he comes home from work.




8 comments:

Mel said...

You are such a great mom!

Hillary said...

That last picture is so sweet!

motivated said...

Awww, I love that last picture! And I like your bed spread/comforter too. :)

Jessica B Photography said...

Hey, we are having a ward campout this weekend (the 25th & 26th) up at Mt. Charleston. I actually expecting it to be a bit of a small turnout. So I'm inviting my own friends. I realize that if Chad has to work Friday, you probably don't want to campout, but there are going to be "pioneer" games on Saturday at "The Meadow" I'm not sure where the Meadow is (it is not the same place that we are camping out, I don't think) but I will find out tomorrow and will let you know if you are interested. So if you want to spend Saturday in the mountains with the Bensons, we'd love to have you!

Nicole said...

I hope I'm a mom like you! Seriously!

Jessica really wants us all to go out to Bouder and have a girls night. I'm down if it is on a night I dont close. I could drive out straight after work. Let me know if you're up fpr it!

Jessica B Photography said...

Ok so the Saturday games are at the meadow that is up the Lee Canyon road, not the Mt Charleston road. You just drive up that road and it's on your right. You can't miss it. Meet at 10:00. Lunch is hamburgers, chips, and fruit. Hope you can come! If Chad can't bring one of the girls with you!

Nicole said...

Let me know what night is best for ya! I'm cool with driving together to save gas too! So I will work around your schedule! Let me know! See if Krys and Andrea can go!

Dawn Sims said...

That is so sweet. Great idea. I'm sure they just love it! I can't wait to do stuff like that with Cohen. Just a little bit longer.