Thursday, December 18, 2008

Some Christmas Cheer

This is just a little Christmas survey. I thought it would be fun to hear the boys' answers too! Should be fun, here we go...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mom-Wrapping paper! I love to make them perfect with perfect bows and ribbons. I also like to add little gifts or ornaments to the outside of the gift to make it even more special!
David-Wrapping paper
Spencer-I don't have things

2. Real tree or artificial tree?
M-Real ones will always win out with me!!
D-REAL TREE!
S-real trees

3. When do you put up your tree?
M-Whenever we have a free weekend =)
D-When we get home from buying our tree, that's when we put it up.
S-With Christmas lights

4. When do you take the tree down?
M-I take it down the day after Christmas! It is always so dead by then that I want it out of my house! It has served its purpose and is no longer beautiful and full.
D-The first day of spring =)
S-When I take down my Christmas lights

5. Do you like eggnog?
M-I can have a little taste but I am not a huge fan
D-We always have eggnog on the day we set up our lights. We also eat popcorn.
S-yep

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
M-I really loved my Teddy Ruxpin I got when I was little
D-Star Wars action figures
S-Candy canes

7. Hardest person to buy for?
M-Chad's brother Jason (he takes everything back)
D-Dad
S-David

8. Do you have a nativity scene?
M-Partially. Some fabulous person is doing the 12 days of Christmas for our family and they are leaving a piece of the nativity at our door every night. So we will have a nativity soon! And it's a really cute one, too! Thank you whoever you are!!
D-Sheep, donkey and shepherd
S-nope

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
M-Mail, definitely!
D-email
S-email

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
M-'A Christmas Story'
D-'Merry Christmas Drake and Josh'
S-'Spongebob Squarepants'

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
M-The day after Thanksgiving, usually
D-Every Wednesday
S-Every tonight

12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
M-it's possible =P
D-no
S-yep

13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
M-Anything that people want to make for me =)
D-Verrizanos
S-McDonald's

14. Lights on the tree?
M-Is that even a question?
D-yes
S-yep

15. Favorite Christmas song?
M-There are so many that I like, it is too hard to choose just one!
D-'It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas'
S-Christmas songs

16. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
M-Stay home
D-Travel
S-Stay home

17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
M- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph (I am pretty sure that's right)
D-Mom, Dad, Spencer, David, Uncle Todd, Uncle Jason, Papa, Grandma, Madden, Grammy and Carmen
S-yes, goof-off, a baby roo-dear, Santa


18. Angel on the tree top or a star?
M-We used to have an angel when we first got married, but we decided to switch to a star a few years ago.
D-Star
S-A star on top of the tree

19. Do you open Presents Christmas eve or Christmas day?
M-Both! We go to extended family functions on Christmas eve and open a gift or two. Then we have our own Christmas on Christmas day where we open tons of presents!! We also open presents with our parents and siblings on Christmas day.
D-Christmas eve AND Christmas day!
S-Christmas day!

20. The most annoying thing about this time of year?
M-All the running around. It feels like Christmas comes so fast and then I am rushing to get everything taken care of before it's too late!!
D-nothing bothers me at Christmas
S-People taking my toys!

21. Favorite ornament theme and color?
M-Everyone used to give me snowmen decorations, but I have started adding other stuff in the past couple of years. I like variety and LOTS of color!
D-The Star Wars ornament
S-Darth Vader

22. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
M-Ham. This is the only time of year that I want ham!
D-Spaghetti
S-Chocolate

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
M-I don't have any one specific want. I am very easy to please =)
D-Football mat
S-Dump truck, a big one

24. Favorite Christmas tradition?
M-Chad and I like to take the boys around to look at all the lights.
D-Going caroling
S-I like to wear costumes

25. Favorite thing about Christmas?
M-Seeing how excited my kids get about everything. They get so happy to see all of the lights and the trees and presents. I just love seeing it all through their eyes!
D-Saying thank you to everyone for my presents
S-Ummm....Luke Skywalker

3 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHAHA! I like Spencer's answers!

Cassondra said...

How fun to read! I liked learning about you, Spencer's answers made me laugh, and David's favorite thing about Christmas was SO sweet!

You have a great family!

Jessica B Photography said...

That survery is definately cuter with the boys answers!!

BTW I answered your photo questions on my blog.

Hmmm... should we try to get together this Christmas season?