Sunday, June 1, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yesterday was a really busy but fun day for us. We started out our day by going to David's last baseball game of the season. This was very bittersweet for me. I am really going to miss watching my little guy play baseball, but I am also really happy that we aren't going to running around as much as we have been. After the game each of the kids received little "medals". David is really proud of his and I am sure that he will be wearing it often. He is still really looking forward to getting a trophy at the team party next week.


Next we rushed home to change and took the kids to the Springs Preserve. This was our first time there and it was pretty cool. My mom gave us free passes, which made it even cooler. There really is a lot to do and see there. There is tons of hands on learning for the kids. We really only got to scratch the surface because there is so much to do. We will have to go back when we have more time to spend the day there. There is 8 acres of gardens that I still really want to see.

We had to rush home from the Springs Preserves to get David showered and dressed for graduation. That's right, we have a preschool graduate!! It was so cute watching the kids sing and recite scriptures. They all did such a good job and looked so cute doing it! He had a lot of family there supporting him and we were all so proud! After the graduation we met some family at Macayos to celebrate.


The whole day really wore us all out, but it was worth it. We had a great day!!

4 comments:

motivated said...

LOL- the "Lawn Gobbler" Chad was playing looks fun. :) Dang, gina, you are one busy woman!! You sure did a lot in a little space of time!

Jessica and Chris said...

Wow, where did he go to preschool? Did you have to buy the cap & gown? Sadly, I still have mine from high school. And do you love the trophy? Jared got a medal too, for soccer, and Chris was the coach! We felt like we had to give them to the kids because everybody else did. Aaaahh, celebrating mediocrity.

Jessica B Photography said...

So I just registered Jared for Kindergarten. "Is your child ready for Kindergarten? Can he count to ten? Can he recognize some letters and a few numbers?" Seriously? Count to ten? I know Jared can count to a hundred. And he can read. I'm sure David is the same way, since you said you work with him. I actually would like to homeschool, but I know he wants to go and be with his friends. And I don't know if our two personalities could handle it. Anyways I just thought I would share the registering experience. I guess I should think of it more as a blessing. I have two friends who have daughters with speech issues and I am so glad I don't have to deal with that.

Hillary said...

that's kind of crazy that maybe some 5 year olds cannot count to 10. Zack can and he's 3. Jared and David will probably not have a whole lot of new things to learn in Kindergarten! Little geniuses! :)