Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flamingos and Trains

On Monday we met my mom, my sister and her family down on the strip for a little touristing. The goal was to do stuff that was free, so we were a little limited on our options. We stopped at the Flamingo to see the little habitat that they have there. It was fun for the kids to see things like flamingos and water turtles. They even have a pool that is open to the public, complete with slides. We didn't swim, but with the heat outside, it was really tempting.


From the Flamingo we walked over to the Bellagio. They have a really cool conservatory that was all done up with trains. The kids LOVED watching the little trains going in and out of the bridges and tunnels. There is so much to look at in the conservatory, so if you have never been, I highly recommend it! It is so amazing what they do! The theme changes fairly often and it is always awesome!



My family went to the forum shops after this, but we called it a day. I wasn't feeling very well at this point and just wanted to get home. We did have a lot of fun though!


The kids love spending time with their cousins and I love spending time with my sister! We are sad that they had to go back to Texas. We miss you guys!!


4 comments:

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

You do more in Las Vegas than anyone I know. :) I wish I had your energy. When I am finished with this sensitive pregnancy, we need to take the boys out to do some fun things. We just got Austin signed up for soccer in the fall already. I am still recovering from the dual sports this spring. Maybe David and Austin could get together and play baseball this summer. Austin loves going to hit.

Mel said...

I love how much fun you guys always have. I think your family is so great. I am not kidding when I tell you next time I am in town we are hanging out! Even our hubbys. I think they would get along great.

motivated said...

I think the cutest picture is the one where David's cousin is holding his face in her hand- it makes him look so little, but he's getting so big! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Vanessa said...

I really want to take my kids to see the trains now. Thanks for posting about it. We'll have to go before it changes!